VP Business Development
JayCap is an Edmonton based, Private Interim Commercial Mortgage firm that was founded 15 years ago. JayCap is an entrepreneurial organization that is focused on providing short-term commercial mortgages to real estate entrepreneurs throughout Western Canada.
Position: VP Business Development
The VP Business Development will be responsible for originating and analyzing new loan opportunities, building and developing new partner relationships with commercial mortgage brokers, real estate investors, and developers. Working in conjunction with credit, the incumbent will work on loan funding to drive targeted deal flow from sourcing to closing focusing on industrial, multi-family, office, and retail asset classes.
- The incumbent will analyze and structure short-term commercial loan opportunities for presentation to senior management (which shall include the President/CEO and the LEC). Attention must be made to ensure transactions are within JayCap’s established lending guidelines.
- The incumbent will communicate and meet with external contacts to procure new commercial short-term mortgage loans and attend all industry related events to promote JayCap’s commercial mortgage program. As well, will be responsible for coordinating marketing initiatives, and identifying new loan opportunities in conjunction with the President and CEO.
- The incumbent is responsible for time management of their deal flow in order to meet prescribed deadlines with JayCap’s identified targets.
- The incumbent may be required to travel for site inspections or presentations to commercial mortgage brokers and developers.
- Post-secondary education (diploma/degree) preferably in business or finance is required. A specialization in Real Estate (e.g., Urban Land Economics, Real Property Valuation/Assessment) is preferred;\
- At least 5 – 10 years of mortgage origination experience with an established commercial mortgage brokerage and/or real estate lender;
- Strong understanding of the real estate market and ability to analyze complex commercial & residential lending opportunities;
- Knowledge of the construction industry, development process, and deal structuring of construction facilities;
- Excellent working knowledge of the current financial services’ environment and lending practices
- Solid understanding of financial statements and financial ratio analysis
- Working knowledge of Corporate/Legal documentation for commercial real estate deals in multiple jurisdictions across Western Canada;
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple competing priorities in an entrepreneurial environment;
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent relationship building, negotiation and presentation skills;
- A result driven self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with the ability to respond in a clear, concise and
- Ability to take ownership of tasks by working proactively and achieving financial targets; and
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- JayCap offers a competitive compensation package that would be commensurate with the level of experience
the incumbent possess
Please email your resume to email@example.com