Reports to: CEO
Role and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for day-to-day operational accounting for JayCap group of companies.
- Managing all compliance activities, including: prepare and submit all regulatory reports within deadlines; ensuring proper record keeping for investor accounts; maintaining investor and loan databases; reviewing and updating policies and procedures as necessary.
- HR activities including: maintaining employees files, prepare payroll, and administer employee benefit plan.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements and provide all required information to external accountants for annual audits and tax preparation.
- Prepare and present quarter end package to the Board of Directors.
- Manage cash flow for JayCap group of companies.
- Maintain and update all licenses and memberships for the company and CEO.
- Various administrative duties
- Any other ad hoc projects or requests by the CEO.
- CPA designation required
- Minimum five years’ experience in accounting role(s).
- Audit background would be preferred.
- Familiarity with IFRS accounting standards.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office.
- Knowledge of Sage Accounting software would be preferred.
- Capability to multitask, manage workflow, and maintain an efficient productivity level in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Attention to detail and management of deadlines is an asset.
- Team player that is willing to help in other areas outside of specific duties when needed.